You know the basics - plants need water, light and some food to thrive… but, if you want to show your new plant baby some extra love and attention have you considered creating its own playlist?
It sounds crazy doesn’t it? But, in actual fact the audible frequencies from your music (in which you have fantastic taste, obviously) facilitate the plants absorption, photosynthesis and germination. Plants actually respond to sound waves in the air which kick starts their physiological processes, making them feel oh so special.
One study found that plants exposed to music during the day grew twice as much as their fellow plants in silent rooms. So, if you’re looking for a way to tell your plant ‘You’ve got a friend in me', pop on the music! Your plant will start doing its thing - grow baby, grow. So, if you take our advice, hit the play button and watch your baby bloom!
Here is a list of some our favourites to help your plant grow:
- Stevie Wonder’s Album: A Journey Through Plants
- The Beatles: Here Comes the Sun
- Jack Johnson: Banana Pancakes
- Black Sabbath: Orchard
- Simon & Garfunkel: The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin’ Groovy)
- Earth, Wind & Fire: September
- The Beach Boys: Good Vibrations
- The Monkees: Daydream Believer
- The Rolling Stones: She’s a Rainbow
- Paul Kelly: From Little Things, Big Things Grow.